emeadaxsupport: AX 2012 Pre-requisite checker sees both the OLD SQL and the upgraded SQL instance.
I have a sql server that we have upgrade from SQL 2008 R2 to SQL 2012 SP1 and am attempting to install the AX 2012 R2 report extenstions. The pre-req checker recognizes both SQL 2012 and SQL 2008, even though SQL 2008 has been upgraded to SQL 2012 and no SQL 2008 instances are on the box anymore. How do we get past the pre-req checker, and what does it look at? I looked at the instance folder in the registry and the only instance (the default instance) references 11.0.3000.
In the dynamicssetuplog.txt file you will see this error -
Performing a Microsoft SQLServer Reporting Services existence check for prerequisite 'Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services'.
*** ERROR ***
Provider load failure
Provider load failure
*** END ERROR ***
Resolution: Install a supported version of the Reporting Services component of Microsoft SQL Server.
Use wbemtest tool to clean up the invalid instances.
See this blog for details -
I'll paste the response from that blog here as well -
The problem might be with incorrectly unistalled another instance of Reporting Services. I just solved it using these steps (modified version of a guy from MS):
1. Run command wbemtest
2. Click "Connect"and connect to “ROOT\Microsoft\SqlServer\ReportServer”(type this path in the Namespace textbox)
3. After connecting to the name space, click "Query" to query “SELECT * from __namespace”. There SHOULD be one data in the record window (while the server only have one RS instance).
4. Double-click the record, in the new properties windows, get the path value such as “\\\ROOT\Microsoft\SqlServer\ReportServer:__NAMESPACE.Name="RS_MSSQLSERVER" ”
5. Now, close all sub dialogs, and then re-connect to “ROOT\Microsoft\SqlServer\ReportServer\RS_MSSQLSERVER”. "RS_MSSQLSERVER" is the Namespace.Name in step4
6. Query “SELECT * from __namespace” again.
7. Repeat step4,5, we will get the new path “ROOT\Microsoft\SqlServer\ReportServer\RS_MSSQLSERVER\v10”
8. Repeat step2 to 7 until there is no record in the Query result dialog. Finally, the path is \\server\ROOT\Microsoft\SqlServer\ReportServer\RS_MSSQLSERVER\v10\admin
If we can't get the final path \\server\ROOT\Microsoft\SqlServer\ReportServer\RS_MSSQLSERVER\v10\admin, it means the Reporting Services WMI provider is not installed correctly. If we can get to that path, there might be an orphaned instance of SSRS. Go back to step 2 and do these steps:
9. Click "Connect"and connect to “ROOT\Microsoft\SqlServer\ReportServer”
10. After connecting to the name space, click "Query" to query “SELECT * from __namespace”. If there is more than 1 record, and you have only 1 SSRS instance installed (or at least you think you have), click on all the other records, and hit "Delete" button.
11. Now restart SSRS Configuration Manager and you should connect without problems.
Расскажите о новых и интересных блогах по Microsoft Dynamics, напишите личное сообщение администратору.
|Опции темы||Поиск в этой теме|