For tips 1-7 , refer to http://blogs.msdn.com/solutions/arch...-tricks-1.aspx
For tips 8-16 , refer to http://blogs.msdn.com/solutions/arch...-tricks-2.aspx
(17) Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 RTM Enterprise Portal Site creation fails or the default page comes with unexpected error in the UI and with “A Progress Template must be specified on UpdateProgress control with ID ‘AXProgressControl’” error in the event log. How to fix this?
.NET 3.5SP1 has a breaking change from .NET 3.5. So if you have installed .NET 3.5 SP1 instead of just .NET 3.5, EP will give “A Progress Template must be specified on UpdateProgress control with ID ‘AXProgressControl’” error. There is a hotfix available for Ax 2009 RTM. This is also fixed in the upcoming Ax 2009 SP1. So either uninstall .NET3.5SP1 and install .NET3.5 or get the hotfix from Ax support or get Ax 2009 SP1. Either one of these three approaches will fix this issue.
(18) Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 RTM Enterprise Portal Site creation gives “Feature '8581a8a7-cf16-4770-ac54-260265ddb0b2' is not installed in this farm, and cannot be added to this scope.” Error. How to fix this issue?
Enterprise Portal and Role Centers could be installed on WSS 3.0 SP1 or MOSS 2007 SP1. In case of MOSS, EP lights up two role center pages ( for details refer to this post
) leveraging MOSS Enterprise capabilities. This is implemented as a SharePoint Feature and EP Site creation enables this feature on the Site, if it detects MOSS installation. But if you have MOSS Standard Edition and not MOSS Enterprise edition, then this step fails and throws exception and failing the EP Site creation itself. This causes EP not working in MOSS Standard.
EP should work with WSS3.0SP1 or MOSS 2007SP1 Standard or MOSS 2007SP1 Enterprise.
So to enable EP Site creation work with MOSS 2007SP1 Standard, there is a hotfix available. Contact Ax support , if you are using MOSS 2007SP1 Standard.
Another workaround for this issue is to navigate to \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN from command prompt and run the command
"stsadm -o installfeature -name premiumweb –force" and then install EP
(19) Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 RTM Enterprise Portal Site setup in Turkish fails with “Kurulum devam edemiyor. EnterprisePortalWebSite parametresi ge?ersiz 'SharePoint - 80' de?erini i?eriyor.”
Entering function Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.Deployment.Portal.IEPDeployment.GetVirtualServerList
SharePoint is not installed on this computer. Install Windows SharePoint Services version 3.0 or Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 before continuing.
EP Setup detects that WSS is installed on the machine and lets the user continue installing EP in the first screen. But when setup then calls into the EP framework to retrieve a list of virtual servers, we get an exception, telling us that WSS is not installed. There is a bug, we are doing ToUpper in current culture for reading the registry key which change the character ‘ i ‘ .
The workaround is to create a duplicate registry key for AdminServerLocation with the Turkish I’s ( with a dot on the top ). http://blogs.msdn.com/anutthara/arch...04/499994.aspx
(20) EP Site creation is successful. But when trying to browse the EP site, the below error in eventlog
Message="Enterprise Portal digest requires ASP.NET view state MAC to be enabled."
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.Portal.UI.WebControls.AxDigest.OnInit(EventArgs e)
EP requires EnableViewStateMac set to true in your web.config. So check your web.config and set it to true. In case of Web farm , make sure the machinekey in web.config on all front-end web servers use the same key.
(21) EP Site creation is successful and able to view most of the pages. But when trying to access lookup or sorting on grid (any postback to the page) gives unexpected error and in eventlog it has
An unexpected error has occurred.
Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.
Check and makesure the Machine name or the host header does not contain any non alphanumeric characters such as “_”or “-“ etc. The machine name should just contain only alphanumeric characters.
For example mey1 is a valid machine name. mey_1 is not. If you have any other character in the machine name, then validation of viewstact MAC fails. So to resolve this issue, check and make sure the machine name contains only alphanumeric characters and EnableViewStateMac is set to true in the web.config and in case of load balancing, the same machine key is used in the web.config of all participating web server machines.