crminthefield: Overview: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 19
We're delighted to announce that Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 19 released Thursday August 25th, 2011!
Note regarding Podcasts: Going forward, as Update Rollups for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 and CRM 2011 will be alternately shipping every 4 weeks and focus increases on CRM 2011 servicing, we'll focus on Podcasts for each CRM 2011 Update Rollup release, beginning with a Podcast discussing Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 2 on June 3rd, 2011. These CRM 2011 Update Rollup Podcasts will also discuss the previously-released Update Rollup for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0.
Related links you should know about:
Packages are available for download via the Update Rollup 19 Microsoft Download Center page for these CRM components:
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 19 Prerequisites:
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 11 (and beyond) Prerequisites:
Issues resolved via Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 19:
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 19 is a cumulative Update Rollup that includes all the fixes for the issues that are documented in the "Master Knowledge Base Articles" for Update Rollups 1 through 19. Hyperlinks to these articles are included in the "Issues that are resolved in Update Rollup 19 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0" section of the Update Rollup 19 "master" Microsoft Knowledge Base article.
Hotfixes and updates that were released as individual fixes:
Update Rollup 19 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 contains no updates that were released as individual fixes.
Other fixes released via CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 19:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 11 added support for SQL Report Viewer 2008 SP1 and this has a prerequisite on .Net Framework 3.5 SP1, so this is also a requirement for installing UR11 and future Update Rollups on your CRM servers, routers, clients, etc.
- Update Rollup 11 also included changes that require Visual C++ 2008 + SP1, so this is also a requirement for installing Update Rollup 11 and future Update Rollups on your Microsoft Dynamics CRM servers, routers, clients, etc.
Hotfixes and updates that you have to enable or configure manually
Update Rollup 19 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 contains no updates that you must enable or configure manually.
- When you use Internet Explorer 9, a blank box is displayed instead of a date control field in a custom CRM form in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
- Compression functionality is not always enabled for calls between Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 client for Outlook and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Web Services
- Assume that you use RightFax software to create email messages. When you use Microsoft Exchange 2010 to process the email messages, the email messages are not tracked by the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Email Router
- Assume that you browse for a marketing list in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0. You open the marketing list. In this situation, when you click Mail Merge, Internet Explorer stops responding
- When you have a custom aspx page that uses the openObj() method to open a CRM form in Microsoft Dynamics CRM, you receive an error message that states a popup blocker blocks the window. This problem occurs in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 when Update Rollup 1, or a later version, is installed
- When you save or update an appointment in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0, you receive the following error message:
- You do not have enough privileges to access the Microsoft Dynamics CRM object or perform the required operation
- Error Code: 0x80048306
- When you associate a contract with an account in the workflow designer in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0, the contract lookup function does not display active contracts for the corresponding customer
- Assume that you update an existing contact or an existing account in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 and duplicate detection is triggered. In this situation, if the updated record does not contain an associated Address 1 record or an associated Address 2 record, the duplicate detection dialog box stops responding
- Assume that you promote an item by using the Set Regarding function in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 client for Outlook and the promotion fails. You correct the failure. In this situation, when you run the Set Regarding function again, the item record is not updated as expected
- The time zone is updated for Russia, Kaliningrad and Newfoundland in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
- When you upgrade Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 client for Outlook to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, you receive the following error message:
- Fatal error during installation
- This problem occurs when you use the Simplified Chinese (CHS) version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 client in Windows Vista
Mismatched Update Rollup versions within a Microsoft Dynamics CRM deployment
In a scenario where you may be running many client workstations with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Microsoft Office Outlook, a common question is whether it is supported to run mismatched versions. For example, where Update Rollup 18 has been installed on the CRM Server but the Outlook clients are still on Update Rollup 15, or where Update Rollup 10 is on the CRM server but due to updates available to the Outlook client you have decided to install Update Rollup 18 on the clients without installing Update Rollup 18 on the server.
The general rule of thumb is to try to keep the versions in sync as much as possible. However, it is permissible (though not recommended as a long-term solution) to run mismatched Update Rollup versions on Outlook client and server, as Microsoft does do some testing of such combinations.
However, regarding the other Update Rollups (for example Rollups for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Email Router or Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Reporting Extensions), it is not supported nor recommended to run mismatched versions. A best practice is to update these components at the same time you update your CRM Server. Do the best you can to keep these Update Rollup versions in sync.
Internet Explorer 9 Compatibility
The Microsoft Dynamics CRM Sustained Engineering team extensively tested Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 against pre-release versions of Internet Explorer 9 and continue to address compatibility issues, as they're reported, against the released (Released to Web) version of Internet Explorer 9.0. If necessary, we plan to release enhancements via future Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup releases to assure compatibility with Internet Explorer 9.
- 64-bit versions of Office 2010 will not be supported in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
- With Update Rollup 8 installed, Microsoft CRM E-mail Router Service supports Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- With Update Rollup 12 installed, the Rule Deployment Wizard supports Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
Расскажите о новых и интересных блогах по Microsoft Dynamics, напишите личное сообщение