All
Забыли пароль?
Зарегистрироваться Правила Справка Пользователи Сообщения за день Поиск

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме Опции просмотра
Старый 19.03.2016, 01:11   #1  
Blog bot
Участник

25,475 / 846 (79) +++++++
atinkerersnotebook: New Configuration Blueprint Available: Developing New Workspaces Within Dynamics AX
Источник: http://atinkerersnotebook.com/2016/0...n-dynamics-ax/
==============

Workspaces are a great addition to (the new) Dynamics AX because they allow you to have all of the functions that you need in order to perform a job task in one place. Out of the box, there are about forty workspaces that have been deployed, but that doesn’t mean that those are the only ones that you need to use. If there are some users within the organization that don’t quite fit into those roles, or if there are users that are a little more specialized, then you can easily create new workspaces for them through Visual Studio and tailor them just the way that you want.

This week I have been working through the process of learning how to develop the workspaces and I created this walkthrough that will show you how to do that as well and also give you a little bit of an introduction to the development environment to show that it’s really not that hard to use.

As a bonus this process will be done without a single line of code, so even if you are not a developer, you can still run through this process.

By the end you will probably be chomping at the bit to create more workspaces yourself.

We have created two different versions of the guides.

For the novice, or if you are just a mediocre programmer like me then we have created a Walkthrough Guide which has big step by step instructions on what you need to do so that if you don’t quite understand the description of the step then you can look at the picture and see what is going on.

For the expert that just needs a quick reference with all of the steps required to create the workspace then we have the Thumbnail Guide. This is a more concise version of the document – that you could actually print out if you like which gives you thumbnail (hence the name) views of the screens and still has all of the steps that you need to go through in order to set up your workspaces.

If you want to check the books out then here is a link to them on the Dynamics AX Companions Store: http://bit.ly/1pzgT6f

Also, if you are an eBook subscriber on the original Dynamics AX Companions website then there is good news. You all have been converted over to Premium Subscribers on the Dynamics AX Shop (shop.dynamicsaxcompanions.com) and if you log in there and click on the PREMIUM CONTENT menu item, then you will be able to download the complete walkthrough for free – I’m just telling you this so that you don’t e-mail us and ask why the book isn’t on the original site.

Anyone who also signs up for an eBook subscription on the Dynamics AX companions site (www.dynamicsaxcompanions.com) between now and mid-year for the one time only fee of $249 will also get upgraded to the Premium Subscription and will sidestep the upcoming recurring annual membership of $199 a year to access all of the guides through the eBook store. That’s still a great deal if you ask me.

I hope this is useful – I know that I was excited when I was finally able to start developing in the new Dynamics AX, and now that I’ve got a teste for it I think I will be a coding fool for a while.

Источник: http://atinkerersnotebook.com/2016/0...n-dynamics-ax/