AXForum  
Вернуться   AXForum > Microsoft Dynamics CRM > Dynamics CRM: Blogs
All
Забыли пароль?
Зарегистрироваться Правила Справка Пользователи Сообщения за день Поиск Все разделы прочитаны

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме Опции просмотра
Старый 25.06.2019, 07:17   #1  
Blog bot
Участник

25,459 / 846 (79) +++++++
crmtipoftheday: Tip #1277: Alternative connector to trigger Flow from Dynamics 365
Источник: https://crmtipoftheday.com/1277/alte...-dynamics-365/
==============

I’ve always been a fan of webhooks. In fact, I even manage to mention them twice in my rare crystal ball post for developers.

Today’s tip is a good reminder from Stefan Strube that webhooks are not only a solid way to launch your code in Azure Function but also can be a good alternative to Microsoft Flow connectors.
Using Dynamics 365 Webhooks as the third way to trigger Flow
In short, HTTP trigger in Flow gives you a unique URL that can be easily wired as a webhook endpoint. Unbundling the execution context could be tricky but the possibility is there.

Since Stefan tipped the subject, Dynamics 365 connector has been deprecated but we now have two Common Data Service connectors: “traditional” CDS one as well as Common Data Service (current environment), that carries the notion of the environment without the need to reconnect when deploying (as part of the solution).

Why would you want to use a webhook as opposed to a nice and easy-to-use CDS connector? Flows triggered by CDS connectors are asynchronous by nature while webhooks can be configured to execute synchronously giving you an opportunity to rollback the entire pipeline. Careful though – Flow performance as such is not guaranteed, I would exercise extreme caution when inserting a flow as part of my pipeline.

Cover photo by rawpixel.com from Pexels

Источник: https://crmtipoftheday.com/1277/alte...-dynamics-365/