AXForum  
Вернуться   AXForum > Microsoft Dynamics AX > DAX Blogs
All
Забыли пароль?
Зарегистрироваться Правила Справка Пользователи Сообщения за день Поиск Все разделы прочитаны

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме Опции просмотра
Старый 10.01.2007, 23:15   #1  
Blog bot
Участник

25,459 / 846 (79) +++++++
Dynamics AX: Why Dynamics AX beats SAP
Источник: http://dynamics-ax.blogspot.com/2007...beats-sap.html
==============
I am sure the title of this post could cause all kinds of backlashings. People could say that I am very basis, because I work and implement Dynamics AX. The reality though, of the title, is still there. Dynamics AX beats SAP. What I want to address is this post, is the reason's I think why!

Reason number one: Flexibility

This first reason is most likely the top reason why Dynamics AX beats SAP hands down. SAP is a very cumbersome monster, and not very flexible, when it comes to taking SAP and changing it, modifying it, etc. On the other hand you can change anything you need to in Dynamics AX. This may scare some people, but to the majority, businesses see this as what is it. This is the key for the software you purchase, to grow as your business grows. Going with a ERP package like SAP, you have to adhere to SAP's thoughts about your business, how they think is best your
business runs. Dynamics AX, you are in control, and granted best business practices should be sought after, but those best can be applied to your custom needs. So the flexibility of Dynamics AX beats out the in-flexibility of SAP hands down.

Reason number two: Product Stack

The second reason, that I think, Dynamics AX beats out SAP is the product stack. Dynamics AX is owned and developed by Microsoft. Your servers, your workstations, your office products, your web sites, your custom applications, mostly all of them are Microsoft Products. The database, SQL Server, is a Microsoft product. That
should be enough said, but to continue, the product stack is very important when talking about what ERP system you are going to choose for a long term investment. Currently Dynamics AX 4.01 is highly integrated with the different product lines of Microsoft, and with the release of Vista, DotNet 3.0, Commerce Server 2007, SharePoint Server 2007, Exchange 2007, Office 2007, all these product lines will become even more tightly integrated, seamless for some, into the Dynamics AX product. This means that you will be able to work from SharePoint, Excel Services, and create a Spreadsheet, that can work directly with Dynamics AX ERP data, like Human Resources, etc. And it will all be centrally managed in a decentralized controlled fashion by the information worker. Now let me back up, and not go to far into the roadmap, but, to say the least Dynamics AX is part of the product stack from
Microsoft, which runs your network, and your workstations, SAP is not.

Reason number three: Microsoft

This reason, by far, is the most hated and loved at the same time. Microsoft is top, and being at the top, means that everyone loves and hates you at the same time. Still the fact remains, Microsoft is a giant, with a great vision for the future for information workers. They actually spent the time and money, and they get it. To refer back to the road map, the future of Dynamics AX and the Microsoft Product line is wonderful, and truly exciting.
They understand what SOA really means, and the benefits from it. There is no true cost saving in the buzz word called SOA, the true benefit is a long term investment in flexibility. (now what was the first reason Dynamics AX beats SAP? was it flexibility?) I have seen SAP roadmap for their SOA completion, and they are barely releasing JBOWS, or "Just a bunch of web services" that offer us the same inflexible business logic. True SOA has not been reached yet, as we are just in the third wave of it. True SOA will come of age around 2010-2013 and that is the exact road map timeline for future releases, when Dynamics AX, Dynamics in general, and the entire Microsoft product suite will offer true SOA benefits, because it will truly be SOA, and truly be a change in the way information workers think about their Excel spreadsheet, Access databases, and Dynamics AX data. A seamless UI, through SharePoint, that allows controlled access, in a decentralized way. So the third reason, Dynamics AX true future of flexibility (and current flexibility) beats SAP's JBOWS, hands down.

Well I could continue on, but for now I will stop at what I have already said. I suggest that if you don't believe me, look at it for yourself, and ask if Dynamics AX does not beat SAP in what I have said. Then ask yourself where SAP beats Dynamics AX? (Empty thoughts I know!) I am sure that this post could make a lot of SAP people mad, but this is business, and that what Dynamics AX is...

your business. Is it not worth truely understanding?

Till next time.

P.S. The following links are just a few examles of where Dynamics AX is beating out SAP, today!

Military supplier chooses Microsoft Dynamics over SAP

Selecta Corp, LLC fuels its growth with Microsoft Dynamics AX [and Sunrise Technologies]

Microsoft Dynamics AX Partner, Iteration2 wins back-to-back

Find a job at: www.DynamicsAXJobs.com

==============
Источник: http://dynamics-ax.blogspot.com/2007...beats-sap.html
Теги
sap, сравнение систем