stoneridgesoftware: Dynamics AX 2012 Year-end Checklist
With the year at completion, it is time to think about processing a year-end close in AX. Dynamics AX has a different year-end close than most systems, as you are able to run it as many times as you need. In other systems when processing a year-end close, once you do it, there is no going back and it is difficult to make adjustments as needed.
In Dynamics AX there are several parameters that are important to understand before processing the Opening Transaction job. The parameters for the Fiscal Year close can be located by navigating to General Ledger | Setup | General Ledger Parameters | Ledger | Fiscal Year Close.
Delete close-of-year transaction during transfer
This setting comes into play when you have to re-run the opening balance job. If you have run the opening balance job and then want to go back and make adjustment entries, this parameter setting will determine what happens to those adjustment entries. For example, when this option is checked it will delete the initial year-end close transactions and create a new one. When this option is unchecked, instead of deleting the year-end close, it will now create adjustment entries for those amounts. At this point, you will see your original closing entries and your adjusting entries.
Create closing transactions during transfer
This setting has an effect on how your trial balance will look at the end of the year. When this option is checked it will zero out all of your ending balances on the last day of the fiscal year, and create a new Opening transaction on the first day of the new fiscal year. For example, if you want to look at your balances as of 12/31 it would show up as zero. In our experience it is best to have this option unchecked.
Set fiscal year status to close
When the opening balance job is complete, it will set the status as “closed” if checked. It is recommended not to check this. Period status can be set to “closed” manually and this should be done after the balance sheet is audited. However, it depends on the client’s requirement.
Voucher number must be filled in
This refers to the voucher number on opening transaction job. It is recommended to be checked.
Year-end checklist steps
Once you have set your parameter settings for the “Opening Balances” job it is now time to go through your year-end checklist. Microsoft has put together a Fiscal Year closing checklist which can be located at the following link.
The steps below are consolidated from the fiscal year closing checklist link above:
1. Verify the closing options that you have selected in the General Ledger parameters form.
2. Complete the Inventory Closing process.
5. If your legal entity is a consolidated legal entity, complete steps 1 through 4 for each subsidiary, and set up the subsidiary accounts to consolidate data.
If the data for the subsidiary legal entities is in a separate database, export the subsidiary data to use in a trial consolidation.
To determine what legal entity is your consolidation legal entity you can navigate to General Ledger | Setup | Organization | Legal Entities and verify if the “Use for Financial Consolidation Process” checkbox has been checked.
6. Peform and Online Consolidation.
An online consolidation can be done when the subsidiary legal entities are in the same database as the consolidated legal entity. It is recommended that you use Management Reporter to combine the financial results for multiple legal entities in a consolidated format. Management Reporter lets you create consolidated financial reports across legal entities.
7. In all modules other than General Ledger, complete year-end activities that might create ledger postings.
For example, process year-end depreciations in Fixed Assets.
8. Create the new fiscal year by navigating to General Ledger | Setup | Fiscal Calendar
10. Have your IT Department process a SQL Backup of your AX Database.
11. There are a couple of different ways you can make adjustments for year-end.
For more information on how to generate financial statement click on the link below:
13. Print 1099 Statements for your Vendors
14. At this point you are ready to run the Opening Transaction job which will transfer opening balances for each account to a new fiscal year and close out your P&L Accounts and transfer those amounts to your Retained Earnings account specified in the Opening Transaction form.
To run this process navigate to General Ledger | Periodic | Fiscal Year Close | Opening Transaction.
When you open this form you will see the parameter settings we talked about earlier in this blog at the top of the form in the General Ledger Parameters section.
15. Run the financial statements or Trial Balance and verify the data and if any adjustment entry is required, post it through general journal and re-run the opening transaction process with a new voucher.
For information on how to print the Trial Balance report:
Расскажите о новых и интересных блогах по Microsoft Dynamics, напишите личное сообщение администратору.
|DAX: A Shift to Effective Demand Forecasting With Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3||Blog bot||DAX Blogs||0||16.11.2013 02:13|
|atinkerersnotebook: Walkthrough & Tutorial Summary||Blog bot||DAX Blogs||1||09.09.2013 09:11|
|dynamicsaxbi: Better together: Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 and SQL Server Power View||Blog bot||DAX Blogs||0||12.12.2012 13:11|
|dynamics-community.at: Dynamics AX 2012 Trainings||Blog bot||DAX auf Deutsch||0||19.06.2012 18:11|
|german_nav_developer: Buildnummern-Übersicht Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009||Blog bot||Dynamics CRM: Blogs||0||04.06.2010 13:21|
|Опции темы||Поиск в этой теме|