All
Забыли пароль?
Зарегистрироваться Правила Справка Пользователи Сообщения за день Поиск

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме Опции просмотра
Старый 19.05.2013, 01:02   #1  
Blog bot
Участник

25,475 / 846 (79) +++++++
A couple of months ago, when I asked my friends on Facebook and Twitter if anybody knows how to move a WordPress blog to another domain, everybody said that I was crazy. You don’t do these things, they said. And yet, when they heard the reason why I was about to leave my old domain, everybody agreed.

NavigateIntoSucess.com has served me well. I moved my public WordPress website to this custom domain very early on. It has become a kind of a brand. But it is a pretty long name. You can easily mistype it. It’s difficult to remember it if you only occasionally stumble upon it. It doesn’t at all relate to me as a living person behind it. So I decided to move it all to a fresh new domain: vjeko.com.

NAV community is a live and vibrant one, and through my blog, a book, and other activities, I’ve met a lot of great people who all simply know me as “Vjeko”. It’s short. It was unusual enough that I managed to snitch the .com domain fairly early. And even though for most people I met, at first my Slavic name proved to be scary, unmemorable, and utterly unpronounceable (especially for my American friends who all still twist their tongues around pronouncing the hard “j” instead of simply “y” as it should be done), I’m pretty sure that strongly coupling my blog with my personal moniker will prove to be a smart thing in the long run.

So – I welcome you to vjeko.com, my new domain, and I hope that I find enough time to transform the to-do list I accumulated while working on the new blog into actual posts soon. Stay tuned, and hey – tell me what you think about this move!

Read this post at its original location at http://vjeko.com/blog/retiring-navigateintosuccess-com, or visit the original blog at http://vjeko.com. 5e33c5f6cb90c441bd1f23d5b9eeca34</img> </img>

Читать дальше