AXForum  
Вернуться   AXForum > Microsoft Dynamics AX > DAX Blogs
All
Забыли пароль?
Зарегистрироваться Правила Справка Пользователи Сообщения за день Поиск Все разделы прочитаны

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме Опции просмотра
Старый 13.08.2018, 18:12   #1  
Blog bot
Участник

25,459 / 846 (79) +++++++
everythingdynamicsaxbi: Copy into legal entity in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
Источник: http://www.everythingdynamicsaxbi.co...nd-operations/
==============

Hi everyone,

In Platform update 11 Microsoft released new functionality to ease the creation of new legal entities in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. The functionality is called “Copy into legal entity” and can help businesses:
  • Expand their business with easy creation of new companies in their ERP system
  • Improve the rollout in an implementation project, based on a templates
The functionality uses the “Data management” framework which is a huge upgrade of its predecessor “DIXF” in Dynamics AX 2012.

In this post I will go through an example on how to use this new functionality.

Scenario

A company is regularly acquiring new companies and need to onboard them easily into their ERP system. All basic setup such as system settings, financial setup, accounts payable etc. are often the same (within a specific country/region) for all companies and need to be easily distributed to the acquired company’s legal entity in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.

Solution

Here is how you can solve this scenario easily in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations:

First of all, I recommend that you have a “template” legal entity setup in your environment. Either do it manually or import it via Data management from another environment.

For this example I will use Microsoft’s ready made templates. These are templates for a specific area such as Accounts payable or System setup that consist of multiple entities sorted in sequence for easy import.

Here are the steps:

1.Go to the “Data management” workspace.

2.Choose the “Templates” tile in the “Data management” workspace and then choose “Load default templates” and in the dialog box “Load all”:

3.Go back to the Data management workspace and choose the “Copy into legal entity” tile. In the “Copy into legal entity” section, add Group name, Description, Data project operation type (Copy into legal entity), Project category (Project), Source legal entity (your template company or the company you are copying from). In the “Destination legal entities” section select “Yes” for both “Copy number sequences” and “Reset to smallest values”. Number sequences are always a hazzle to create manually, so yes please.

Further you have two options on how to proceed:
  1. Let’s say you have already created a new legal entity in “Organization administration” with basic info such as company name, addresses, contacts, tax reg. numbers, and other company specific information, then you choose “Select from existing” and select that legal entity you have created in advance.
  2. The other scenario is when you want to create a new legal entity from the project and later update the information mentioned above in 1. Then choose “+Create legal entities” and input Company, Company name and Country/Region. I will continue with this scenario in this example.
4.In the “Selected entities” section, choose “+Add template” and choose the areas that you want to copy from the template legal entity. Remember to note the last sequence of the imported template, before adding the next template. And after your next templates is added, renumber the sequences of the new entities, continuing from the last sequence number of the previous template’s entity. This is in my opinion a minor design flaw, because you would expect the sequence to continue when choosing the “Merge” option.

For this example I choose the templates listed below and in that specific order:
  1. System setup
  2. GL Shared. Remember to choose the “Merge” alternative in the dialog box. This means that the entities in this templates will be added to the entities from 1. If the “Replace” is chosen, all entities from 1. will be replaced.
  3. General ledger. Remember to choose “Merge”.

Which templates you choose can be different from case to case. However I am keeping it a bit simple for this example.

Once the templates are added and you have fixed the sequencing, hit “Copy into legal entity” on the action pane and let the magic happen. After a couple of minutes – viola!

In my example I get two errors. I believe it is due to the job trying create the new legal entity, even though the legal entity is actually created during the input given in “Destination legal entities” before running the project. I suspect a minor flaw here as well. However, everything else went fine, and my new legal entity is created with basic system and finance setup.

For the business in this scenario this means that the next time another company is acquired, the same project in Data Management can be re-used, simply changing the destination legal entity. This is a huge step forward, compared to previous versions and will save companies a lot of time. In previous versions the process of creating a new legal entity could take several days – and now you can do it within taking a zip coffee and having a 5 min chat with your colleague.

Источник: http://www.everythingdynamicsaxbi.co...nd-operations/