AXForum  
Вернуться   AXForum > Microsoft Dynamics NAV > NAV: Blogs
All
Забыли пароль?
Зарегистрироваться Правила Справка Пользователи Сообщения за день Поиск Все разделы прочитаны

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме Опции просмотра
Старый 15.12.2017, 10:11   #1  
Blog bot
Участник

25,459 / 846 (79) +++++++
waldo: I have feedback – what do I do?
Источник: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/waldo...k-what-do-i-do
==============

There was a good topic the other day on twitter: “How and where do I report feedback about NAV”?

No Twitter

I shouldn’t be explaining this, but I will, because there was some confusion.. : Do what you want with Twitter or any Social Medium for that matter – but don’t expect Microsoft to pick up feedback from it. Social Media is unmanaged, can easily be missed, which just doesn’t work as an “issue reporting system”.

But what can we use then?

Well – thing is, there are different parameters to take into account, like:
  • Who are you working for? Either you are a partner, customer or freelancer.
  • What role do you have? There are different persona’s, like developers, business decision makes, marketing people, order processors, …
  • What feedback do you have? Bugs, feature requests/suggestions, …
So, it’s difficult for me to address all situations, but I’ll give you the info that I have … coming from a development manager at a partner, with a strong focus on the technical part of NAV :-).

Github

First of all, there are repositories on GitHub you can provide feedback to, as multiple teams are using this platform to share and gather feedback. We are mainly talking about technical issues (or feature requests) with specific topics (repos), obviously. Let me list the ones that I have been using and monitoring:

Microsoft AL
  • URL: https://github.com/microsoft/al
  • You can collaborate on anything that has to do with the new AL Development Environment in VSCode (aka “Modern Dev”).
NAV Docker
NAVContainerHelper
  • URL: https://github.com/Microsoft/navcontainerhelper
  • The NAVContainerHelper is a module that makes it easier to work with the NAV Docker Images. If you use that, this is the place to file issues, of to collaborate and create pull requests or whatever.. .
C/AL Open Library
Microsoft Partnersource

When you are a partner, and you have an ASfP (Advanced Support for Partners) contract, you can file support requests on Partnersource. Even, when you don’t have this contract, you still might be able to do that (I don’t know – can’t test the fact that I don’t have access, since I have ;-)). Just :
  • Click “Support”
  • Click “New Technical Support Request”
  • Fill in all details.
It says “technical”, but you can file all kind of questions in this support-tool. A support engineer will be assigned to you, and off you go. Works great!

MSCollaborate

URL: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-u...oard/directory

And then there is something new, that is called “Microsoft Collaborate”. Basically, this replaces “MS Connect” (and TAP), where we have been able to communicate (collaborate) with Microsoft on new releases, giving feedback, feature requests, and all that.  A very personal experience!

So, MS Collaborate is there for early engagement with partners and customers. Everything that is given as feedback, is going straight into the backlog of the right people at the DEV Center for NAV at Microsoft.

So, this is definitely a place you want to be. If you’re not able to sign in, it is just one mail away: Dyn365BEP@microsoft.com .

That said, it is going to be the platform for the Ready! And Go! Program.  Here are the official descriptions:

Ready! for Dynamics 365 “Tenerife” and NAV 2018 R2

An early engagement program which enables partners to develop and deliver Apps for Microsoft Dynamics 365 “Tenerife” early. It give partners:
  • The latest builds on docker
  • Readiness information; what’s new this month in the Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations service.
  • A platform to collaborate with Microsoft engineering; You can provide feedback, requests base app events,…
  • In CY18Q1: A list of resources which helps you validate your Dynamics 365 “Tenerife” readiness.
If you want to be part of this program, contact the same mail address as mentioned above!

Go! for Dynamics 365 “Tenerife” and NAV 2018 R2

An early engagement program which enables partners to onboard customers in the preview version of Dynamics 365 “Tenerife” or Dynamics NAV 2018 R2.
  • The Go! Program for Dynamics 365 “Tenerife” is only applicable in the countries where the Dynamics 365 “Tenerife” service will launch.
  • Nominations for Go! will opens up on January 2018.
Yammer

Yammer has been a tool that has been used throughout the past several years to gather feedback about upcoming versions – but more on a project-specific basis – a specific “epic” if you will. You can see this as an enrichment (or extension) of programs like the Ready-program mentioned above.

So, join MS Collaborate first (where you will also find downloads, feedback, requests and notifications), and join specific conversations on Yammer if needed.

Conferences

And of course, there are the many conferences where MS engineers are always eager to get feedback and engage with you about the product. To name a few:
  • Directions EMEA
  • Directions US
  • Directions ASIA
  • NAVUG Summit
  • NAVTechDays
It’s a great setting, a great platform, to engage with the engineers.

Conclusion

To give feedback, it’s a matter of finding your way on how to give it most efficiently – on a platform it will have as much effect as possible. As said – that’s not Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest of any other social media .. .  You might get lucky – but there is a big chance that it would get lost in the mass…

What I tried to do here, is giving you some channels where you might get most success in getting done what you want Microsoft to get done .. .

Just realize one thing – and I’m telling you from (quite a lot of) experience – Microsoft listens to your feedback, and is eager to get any sort of feedback from you! Not only from weirdo MVP’s like me, but from ALL of you.

Источник: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/waldo...k-what-do-i-do