All
Забыли пароль?
Зарегистрироваться Правила Справка Пользователи Сообщения за день Поиск

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме Опции просмотра
Старый 20.12.2012, 20:11   #1  
Blog bot
Участник

25,477 / 846 (79) +++++++
addicted2ax: Creating SSRS-Reports in Dynamics AX 2012 – What’s no longer possible in AX-reports (Part III)
Источник: http://addicted2ax.de/index.php?/arc...-Part-III.html
==============

This is the third and last part of “What’s no longer possible in AX-reports”. Let’s start with some updates of topics I presented in Part I & II.

Update: Setting an element in a fixed position at the bottom of the report
As mentioned in Part I this bug was topic of a change request. Some days ago we became answer by Microsoft support. The change request was rejected. Reason: It’s a known issue of Reporting Services.

Update: 254 column limit in SalesInvoiceTmp (maybe every temporary table filled by a RDP class)
This bug seems to be a bigger one. The bug is confirmed. But why it occurs is still subject of an investigation by Microsoft support-technicians. Here it seems we will have a good chance that this bug will be fixed when it is finally found.

And here a new one:

Differences of displayed data in SSRS Reports in Visual Studio and Dynamics AX
I mentioned in a tweet before. But I think it is too important. So I raise this topic again. Data displayed in a SSRS report started in Visual Studio und a SSRS report started from Dynamics AX 2012 client may show different data.
The differences could be:
- numbers of rows displayed
- (sub)sets of rows displayed

Reasons are that on the one hand Visual Studio does not use the Reporting Engine of Reporting Services but its own. On the other hand each report, which is called via Dynamics AX 2012 client, gets its own unique id, which allows Dynamics AX to identify different reports which were called at the same time / while another report still was processed. This is of significant importance to show only the own data in a report and not data of different reports. If a report is started inside Visual Studio this unique id is ignored and datasets of different reports may be displayed in one report.

Conclusion:
Report Services itself are well known and part of SQL Server since version 2000 (as add on) and on a regular basis since version 2005. Of cause there were some issues when using Reporting Services for typical SQL Server tasks. But in general most time it was fun working with Reporting Services and SQL Server as main data source.

Working with Reporting Services and Dynamics AX 2012 one the other hand could be a little bit (ore some bit more) frustrating. Why? Quite simple! The field of operation is a different one: E.g. Designing a sales invoice with fixed positions of report elements was never subject of my work when working directly with SQL Server data but it is a common need when designing an invoice-template for Dynamics AX.
And that is exactly problem: The “old” Dynamics AX MorphX reporting engine was designed to fit this and most of the other typical Dynamics AX tasks like generation Invoices or other bills and receipts.

SQL Server Reporting Services (as delivered together with SQL Server) is designed to fit most of typical tasks like processing and displaying mass data in a clear and structured way.
Reporting Services delivered with Dynamics AX 2012 is still (let’s say over 80 percent) SQL Server Reporting Services. Lots of the old MorphX report features are missing. In the end this might cause some extra work when building a report which tries to fit the Dynamics AX users’ needs when generating an SSRS-report in Dynamics AX 2012.

My hope is that Microsoft realizes that for many common tasks in Dynamics AX 2012 Reporting Services in its current version is not adequate and a massive increase of functionality and different, more accurate behavior (e.g. when placing report elements) is needed.

Источник: http://addicted2ax.de/index.php?/arc...-Part-III.html