All
Забыли пароль?
Зарегистрироваться Правила Справка Пользователи Сообщения за день Поиск

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме Опции просмотра
Старый 24.10.2016, 04:30   #1  
Blog bot
Участник

25,475 / 846 (79) +++++++
waldo: Merging NAV Versionlists to NAV 2017 – Updated PowerShell functions!
Источник: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/waldo...hell-functions
==============

Today should be the release of NAV 2017. And I assume you are going to want to upgrade to it. :-).  Let me save you from one upgrade-caveat ..

A while ago, I blogged about merging VersionLists with PowerShell. It shows a solution on how to handle (merge) version lists with PowerShell.

Judging from the amount of reads, it has been “used” quite a lot. I use it not daily, but at least every month .. to apply the Cumulative Update. You have been able to find the scripts on my github.

Some time ago, a great developer from the Netherlands called “Jan Hoek” created an issue on my github, telling me the function contains a bug. One I wasn’t aware of .. but he was very right.  Thanks for this! :-).  By the way, Jan has got a blog which you should check out!  Here it is: http://www.uncommonsense.nl/zen/

The function is going to compare strings, like NAVW19.00 is greater than NAVW17.10 . This has worked, but only …

… until NAV 2017

Because NAV 2017 is version 10. Which means in the version list it’s NAVW110.00. If you do a text comparison with this, you will see that NAVW19.00 is greater than NAVW110.00. This is an issue, because merging version lists to NAV 2017 was all of a sudden not possible anymore.

Solution

There is a solution, and it’s already on my github. I changed one function, and added another one. Basically, I needed to be able to compare integers instead of strings. These are the two functions I’m talking about:

I changed “Merge-NAVVersionList” to loop the versionlists, compare them with the next one, and “bubble up” the one that I want.. .

function Merge-NAVVersionList{ param ( [String]$OriginalVersionList, [String]$ModifiedVersionList, [String]$TargetVersionList, [String[]]$Versionprefix ) Write-Verbose "Merging $OriginalVersionList, $ModifiedVersionList, $TargetVersionList" $allVersions = @() + $OriginalVersionList.Split(',') $allversions += $ModifiedVersionList.Split(',') $allversions += $TargetVersionList.Split(',') $mergedversions = @() foreach ($prefix in $Versionprefix) { #add the "highest" version that starts with the prefix $PrefixVersionLists = $allVersions | where { $_.StartsWith($prefix) } $CurrentHighestPrefixVersionList = '' foreach ($PrefixVersionList in $PrefixVersionLists){ $CurrentHighestPrefixVersionList = Get-NAVHighestVersionList -VersionList1 $CurrentHighestPrefixVersionList -VersionList2 $PrefixVersionList -Prefix $prefix } $mergedversions += $CurrentHighestPrefixVersionList # remove all prefixed versions $allversions = $allVersions.Where({ !$_.StartsWith($prefix) }) } # return a ,-delimited string consiting of the "hightest" prefixed versions and any other non-prefixed versions $mergedversions += $allVersions $mergedversions = $mergedversions | ? {$_} #Remove empty $Result = $mergedVersions -join ',' write-verbose "Result $Result" $Result}And I added “Get-NAVHighestVersionList” to figure out which one is the highest versionlist of two, based on a prefix you provide:

function Get-NAVHighestVersionList{ param ( [String]$VersionList1, [String]$VersionList2, [String]$Prefix ) if ([string]::IsNullOrEmpty($Versionlist1)){return $VersionList2} if ([string]::IsNullOrEmpty($Versionlist2)){return $VersionList1} if ($VersionList1 -eq $VersionList2) { return $VersionList1 } try{ if ([String]::IsNullOrEmpty($Prefix)) { [int[]] $SplitVersionlist1 = $VersionList1.split('.') [int[]] $SplitVersionlist2 = $VersionList2.split('.') } else { [int[]] $SplitVersionlist1 = $VersionList1.Replace($Prefix,'').split('.') [int[]] $SplitVersionlist2 = $VersionList2.Replace($Prefix,'').split('.') } } catch { $ReturnVersionList = $VersionList2 try{ [int[]] $SplitVersionlist2 = $VersionList2.Replace($Prefix,'').split('.') } Catch { $ReturnVersionList = $VersionList1 } $WarningMessage = "`r`nVersionlists are probaly too unstructured to compare." $WarningMessage += "`r`n VersionList1 : $VersionList1" $WarningMessage += "`r`n VersionList2 : $VersionList2" $WarningMessage += "`r`n Prefix : $Prefix" $WarningMessage += "`r`n Returned value: $ReturnVersionList" $WarningMessage += "`r`nNo further action required is this is OK." Write-Warning -Message $WarningMessage return $ReturnVersionList } $Count = $SplitVersionlist1.Count if ($SplitVersionlist2.count -gt $count){ $Count = $SplitVersionlist2.Count } $HighestVersionList = '' for ($i=0;$i -lt $Count;$i++){ if ($SplitVersionlist1[$i] -gt $SplitVersionlist2[$i]){ $HighestVersionList = $VersionList1 } if ($SplitVersionlist2[$i] -gt $SplitVersionlist1[$i]){ $HighestVersionList = $VersionList2 } if ($HighestVersionList -ne ''){ $i = $Count } } return $HighestVersionList}(Thanks to kfuglsang for contributing to this, and already providing a bugfix – I love the community )

Probably, there are better ways to do this.  I’m always open for suggestions.  But for now, I hope this works for you :-).

You can test both functions with code like this.

$OrigVersionlist = 'NAVW17.10.00.37563,NAVBE7.10.00.37563'$ModVersionList = 'NAVW17.10.00.37563,NAVBE7.10.00.37563,I7.4,M22344,M65877,I8.0'$TgtVersionList = 'NAVW110.00,NAVBE10.00'$MyVersionprefix = 'NAVW1', 'NAVBE', 'I'Merge-NAVVersionList ` -OriginalVersionList $OrigVersionlist ` -ModifiedVersionList $ModVersionList ` -TargetVersionList $TgtVersionList ` -Versionprefix $MyVersionprefixAnd the other one like:

Get-NAVHighestVersionList ` -VersionList1 'NAVW110.00' ` -VersionList2 'NAVW17.10.00.37563' ` -Prefix 'NAVW1'Your upgrade code can still stay the same – the signature of the main function “Merge-NAVVersionList” hasn’t changed, so you should not have to change any scripts – only these functions.

Enjoy!

Источник: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/waldo...hell-functions