AXForum  
Вернуться   AXForum > Microsoft Dynamics AX > DAX Blogs
All
Забыли пароль?
Зарегистрироваться Правила Справка Пользователи Сообщения за день Поиск Все разделы прочитаны

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме Опции просмотра
Старый 21.03.2018, 21:11   #1  
Blog bot
Участник

25,459 / 846 (79) +++++++
stoneridgesoftware: What is the modelutil.exe good for?
Источник: https://stoneridgesoftware.com/what-...-exe-good-for/
==============

What is the modelutil.exe good for? In Microsoft Dynamics, most notably Dynamics AX, and Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, there is a tool that is used for handling models. A model, if you’re curious, is an “object” within Dynamics AX or Dynamics 365 that compartmentalizes bits of code that can be added or removed from the solution’s functionality.

First, you’d need to know where the modelutil.exe is located. Navigate to the AOSService folder, drill down in the PackagesLocalDirectory and its bin folder. The modelutil.exe is best used in a shell, which is a program that allows a command-based interface to the system’s kernel. Use CMD.exe or PowerShell.exe.

While learning Dynamics 365, I came across an issue that resulted in a harsh lesson. I made a model that I later did not need, only to find that the name was taken when I wanted to create a new model. For this instance, I created a model named Model1. I could not reuse the name Model1. Because modelutil.exe was not fully understood, I dug into the file structure. I recommend that you should not do that.

In order to use the modelutil.exe, you must understand some details. First, the exe requires you to use a command line tool, like command prompt. In a command line tool run the “modelutil.exe /?” this will display the following text.

ModelUtil.exeUsage: ModelUtil.exe -export -metadatastorepath=[path to metadata store] -modelname=[name of the model to export] -outputpath=[path to the folder where the model should be saved]Usage: ModelUtil.exe -import -metadatastorepath=[path to metadata store where model should be imported] -file=[full path to the file to be imported]Usage: ModelUtil.exe -replace -metadatastorepath=[path to metadata store where model should be imported] -file=[full path to the file to be imported]Usage: ModelUtil.exe -delete -metadatastorepath=[path to metadata store] -modelname=[name of the model to delete]Usage: ModelUtil.exe -importxref -file=[path of xref file to import] -server=[sql server] -database=[database name]If you notice, there are five different options to choose from: export, import, replace, delete, and importxref. Each of those options has further requirements. For the metadatastorepath, you will need the path to the PackagesLocalDirectory. For the modelname, you’ll need the model’s name.

The case that I described above will require the fourth option, the ‘-delete’ option. Once I deleted the previous model, I was able to continue to create a new Model1 model in Visual Studio.

Источник: https://stoneridgesoftware.com/what-...-exe-good-for/