AXForum  
Вернуться   AXForum > Microsoft Dynamics CRM > Dynamics CRM: Blogs
All
Забыли пароль?
Зарегистрироваться Правила Справка Пользователи Сообщения за день Поиск Все разделы прочитаны

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме Опции просмотра
Старый 09.02.2018, 03:19   #1  
Blog bot
Участник

25,459 / 846 (79) +++++++
gustafwesterlund: Deleting a lot of records fast
Источник: http://gustafwesterlund.blogspot.com...ords-fast.html
==============

A quick one today...

Needed to delete a couple of million records for a customer and the natural thing was to use the Bulk Deletion service, well, I turned it on and it was extremely slow. Only got about 10 records/s which would cause the entire delete to take over a week. I have checked with Micrsoft and this is not a bug, but it is working as designed and is not designed to be super fast. Personally I would like it to be when removing a lot of records cause sometimes you need to.

I also checked to see how fast the deletion would be with SSIS and Kingswaysoft. Used the following settings:
  • VM about 5 ms from the Dynamics 365 instance (important that it not be too far, use an Azure VM for this)
  • Used 64 threads
  • Used Execute Multiple batching with 10 (cannot use more that 10 if you are using a lot of threads, ie more than 2)
  • VM has 8 virtual cores and 32 GB memory
  • Loading in batches of 2000. Only loading the id-column, as that is all that is needed.
With this setup, I got somewhere around 345 records deleted per second. Which is a tad more than 34x faster than the bulk delete.

So, want to delete a lot of stuff, maybe Bulk Delete is not the way to go. Not yet anyway, let's hope Microsoft makes it faster!

Gustaf Westerlund
MVP, Founder and Principal Consultant at CRM-konsulterna AB
www.crmkonsulterna.se

Источник: http://gustafwesterlund.blogspot.com...ords-fast.html