The AXUG Summit 2010 is next week! This year it in wonderful Olrando, FL, at Seaworld. Of course, not a lot of time to check the sites, and shows there, and so many great sessions, training, customer events, etc. will be taking place.
With that, I asked a few of those that will be presenting at the AXUG summit to share a little about themselves, their sessions, and their thoughts on the AXUG summit and it's value.
First up we have John H. Smith
, Software Engineer for Smith Technologies. Here is a little bio about John.:
"John H. Smith is a resident of Indiana holding a professional engineer license and proprietor of Smith Technologies. For the past 8 years, he has specialized in software engineering for Dynamics AX."
And the following are John's sessions while at AXUG Summit this year.:
- “AX Code Change Control Roundtable” in the development track, DEV04, double session, 10/20/10 8:00 am to 9:00 am and 10/20/10 9:30 am to 10:30 am. - "[John will] be leading this development track discussion on code management. We’ll be exploring what practices users are following when changing their code. Come prepared to pickup a few tidbits that you can make your own, or to offer up a few gems of your own. This session is not a presentation but an interactive exchange of ideas."
- “The AOT and AX – Understanding how the three letter word can help you out” in the development track, DEV03, 10/19/10 5:00pm to 6:00pm. - "[John will] be leading this development track round table diving into the application object tree and its relationship to AX development. As the backbone of AX development, it’s vitally import to understate the AOT. We’ll be sharing experiences working with the AOT. This session is not a presentation but an interactive exchange of ideas."
And here is what John, has to say about the AXUG Summit.:
"What a great place to come together, meet follow DAXers, and exchange knowledge."
Now moving forward, I have another person that will be presenting at AXUG Summit this year, who name is Kris Pavlovsky
. Here is a little information about Kris:
"Kris is a Senior Dynamics AX Architect with DENTSPLY International. With 10 years of experience implementing large enterprise applications. Kris' favorite quote is “Perfection (in design) is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but rather when there is nothing more to take away.” –Antoine de Saint-Exupery"
And the following are Kris' sessions while at AXUG Summit this year.:
- Managing AX in a Global Environment (RT) 10/19/2010 11:00am – 12:00pm - "This session represents a great opportunity to connect with other individuals facing the unique challenge of managing a global ERP implementation. We anticipate a nice blend of technical and non-technical content to surface. A roundtable session of this nature often lends itself to very collaborative discussion and sharing of valuable lessons learned.
" Session Link
- Best Practices for Managing the AX Development Environment (PR) 10/19/2010 2:00pm - 3:00pm - "Often, this is the fastest hour of Summit for Technical people like myself. Some of the topics we plan to cover include: Managing Environments – Everything from the AOT to the AOD and in between is fair game. Managing Development – How make successful changes to the AX application. This session is geared for moderate to advanced technical individuals" Session Link
- Role Center Setup and Administration (HT) 10/20/2010 9:30am – 10:30am - " Role Centers are new feature of AX 2009 and provide the unique opportunity to push otherwise static data forward and enable your end users to be more productive. Out of the box Role Centers provide a lot of easy to use functionality which will be demonstrated. This session promises to cater to all areas of interest in Dynamics AX." Session Link
- Best Practices for Role Centers and Dynamics AX2009 (RT) 10/20/2010 8:00am – 9:00am - " If you have ever gone to personalize a Role Center and asked yourself, “What’s a Web Part anyway?” This is your session. This session will provide content for both technical and non-technical alike. Bring your questions!" Session Link
- AX Infrastructure Best Practices in an Enterprise Installation (RT) 10/21/2010 4:00pm – 5:00pm - "This session is a must for anyone tasked with maintaining a growing AX implementation. Every year the AXUG member base gains more knowledge on how to build, deploy and maintain large AX implementations whether local or over the WAN. This will be technically driven discussion." Session Link
- Understanding the Global Address Book (GAB) in AX2009 (PR/RT) 10/20/2010 2:00pm – 3:00pm - " GAB is another new feature introduced with AX 2009 allowing companies to share various types records across multiple Dynamics AX companies. This session will provide a lot of great information on how to implement and maintain GAB’s within Dynamics AX. This session will provide content for both technical and non-technical alike." Session Link
And here is what Kris, has to say about the AXUG Summit.:
"Acquiring “Real Life” answers to “Real Life” problems have continued to make Summit a must attend conference for me. Many of the people I have met at past Summits are now friends. Quite often, we will continue to work through tough problems uncovered during the sessions long after Summit has ended. This type of collaboration opportunity makes the trip worth it every time."
Looks like both John and Kris are going to be busy, and covering / leading some great sessions! I hope to get the chance to visit as least one of them.
That leads me to finally what I will be presenting at AXUG summit. I will be leading three different sessions, which are.:
- EXE02 - Cloud Computing - What is It and is my Company Ready to Move into the Cloud - "Wondering what cloud computing is? Is your company considering moving some IT applications out to the cloud in a hosted environment. If so, please join this presentation where an overview of cloud computing will be covered."
- TECH05 - The Technical Side of Cloud Computing - "So you understand the cloud, but are wondering exactly what can be done to integrate the cloud with Dynamics AX. In this presentation session, geared towards the technical folks, learn what technical tools are available and how they can be deployed with AX to extend your Dynamics AX installation into the cloud."
- Sunrise Partner Showcase - AX on the iPad - " Innovative ways to extend your AX investment with the iOS platform."
All in all, this is going to be a great summit! If you still have not registered, there is still time. This is the yearly event I always recommend customers to attend. With so much knowledge focused around existing customers and install base of AX your surely to walk away with how to improve, extend and get the most out of your Dynamics AX investment.
This is also a great event for those just starting, or thinking to start down the road of a Dynamics AX ERP investment. Plenty of ways to connect and learn!
That's all for now. I will be covering the event while I am there with my twitter account Twitter: DynamicsERP
Check back soon as more to come!
"Visit the Dynamics AX Community Page today!"