AXForum  
Вернуться   AXForum > Microsoft Dynamics AX > DAX Blogs
All
Забыли пароль?
Зарегистрироваться Правила Справка Пользователи Сообщения за день Поиск Все разделы прочитаны

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме Опции просмотра
Старый 03.09.2015, 15:11   #1  
Blog bot
Участник

25,459 / 846 (79) +++++++
emeadaxsupport: Warning when installing AX 2012 R3 Application hotfix: The model store you selected requires a newer version of the installer than the one you're using.
Источник: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/axsupport/ar...-re-using.aspx
==============

Scenario:
When you try to install a single Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 Application hotfix you may sometime experience the following warning; and installation will not proceed further:

The model store you selected requires a newer version of the installer than the one you're using.

The latest version of the update installer can be downloaded from http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=393946

This warning may be raised when:
- your system has a mix of application fixes installed with build 6.3.164.x and 6.3.1000.x/6.3.2000.x
- you have kernel build 6.3.1000.x and above installed and the application hotfix you are installing is build 6.3.164.x
(There may be other plausible combinations that raise the same warning)

To resolve this:
- you need to download the new axupdate installer from LCS and use that to download and install a fix package containing the fix required. For further details review the following web links:

Apply updates to database, AOS, and clients [AX 2012]

Also on same page under "Choose an update scenario" - see further links under scenario "Apply a single update to AX 2012 R3"

Sample steps:

For, example, here are sample steps I took to download and install application hotfix KB2960996 (build 6.3.164.2248) on a test machine.

NOTE: This steps can be used to download any single or group of AX 2012 R3 application hotfixes included in Cumulative Update 8 or later.

(1) Prepared my test environment for hotfix installation:

- first backed up my AX SQL databases and other information etc.
- see Prepare the environment for updates.

(2) Downloaded the updated AX Installer from https://lcs.dynamics.com:

- select any project AX 2012 R3 project.

- under Tools, click on "Updates" tile.

- then under "Update installer for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3" page clicked on Download button and saved the AXUpdateInstaller.exe file.

- ran the AXUpdateInstaller and extracted the contents to a new empty folder.

The new folder contains the following files and folders structure:

axupdate.exe

(3) Ran the new axupdate and download KB2960996 package:

- ran the downloaded axupdate.exe and advanced through the wizard.

- under "Download and install updates" pane, selected "Download and install updates" option and clicked Next.

- a web page opens to lcs.microsoft.com. Log in and then a web page titled "Select updates" is displayed.

- In the drop-down box selected "Cumulative update 8" and clicked OK.

- focus reverts back to the installer and "Download progress" pane is displayed. Package starts downloading..

- when download completes installer moves to "Select update type" section. Two options are selected, "Binary Updates" and "Application Updates" .

- Un-checked "Binary updates" as I want to download a single application fix and clicked Next.

- selected my model store to update and clicked Next.

- under "Select application updates" pane, select "Applicable updates" radio button, and in the search field then searched for KB2960996.

- once KB2960996 is found and selected, clicked Next

- reviewed conflicts and then clicked Next.

- under "Review updates" pane ensured only KB2960996 is selected and clicked Next.

- in "Save updates" pane, clicked on button "Save custom update package" and specified a folder to save the package.axupdate file to.

- Note: I did NOT select the option "Install selected updates on this computer" as I just want to save the package. Clicked Next to continue.

- page displays that installation is complete, click Finish.

I can now install the saved package on any applicable system.

(4) Installed the downloaded package.axupdate file containing KB2960996 hotfix:

- ran the new axupdate.exe again (that was downloaded from LCS, see step (2) above).

- advanced through the wizard and under "Download and install updates" pane, select option to "Install updates",

- browse and select the saved package.axupdate file from step (3) above.

- click Next and follow through the rest of the wizard.

- once the fix is installed complete any required post-installation steps.

References:

Apply updates to database, AOS, and clients [AX 2012]

Источник: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/axsupport/ar...-re-using.aspx