All
Забыли пароль?
Зарегистрироваться Правила Справка Пользователи Сообщения за день Поиск

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме Опции просмотра
Старый 06.12.2010, 23:11   #1  
Blog bot
Участник

25,475 / 846 (79) +++++++
emeadaxsupport: Reporting Extensions Installation Fails to install on SQL 2008 Reporting services after applying 959494 and 957312
Источник: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/emeadaxsuppo...nd-957312.aspx
==============

We run into this problem on environment when we uninstalled SQL 2005 Reporting services and installed SQL 2008 Reporting services instead.

As needed I have applied one of hotfixes 959494 or 957312 and I wanted to install Dynamics AX reporting services according to Dynamics AX Installation Guide. While I selected role "Reporting extensions" I got error

"You must install SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Service Pack 2 before installing the reporting extensions."

The problem happens because when you uninstall SQL 2005 reporting services not all entries in registry are removed so in the end Dynamics AX Setup does not know if he deals with SQL 2005 or SQL 2008 reporting services

To solve the problem I did:

1. Using Process Monitor (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb896645.aspx ) we found out that on customer environment the path for reportingserviceswmi.dll is taken from HKCR\CLSID\{08377CC4-E2FF-4cdb-B643-DA8C618F7614}\InprocServer32\(Default) and has value C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\reportingserviceswmi.dll

On working environment it has value: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Shared\reportingserviceswmi.dll

We went ahead and change each key from C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\reportingserviceswmi.dll to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Shared\reportingserviceswmi.dll even those now we were able to find reportingserviceswmi.dll we still were not able to install Dynamics AX reporting extensions.

2. The reason was that wmi instance (v9) which stayed after installation of SQL 2005 reporting services. To fix it:

a. Run command wbemtest

b. Click "Connect"and connect to “ROOT\Microsoft\SqlServer\ReportServer”(type this path in the Namespace textbox)

c. After connecting to the name space, click "Query" to query “SELECT * from __namespace”. There would be one data in the record window(while the server only have one RS instance).

d. On the list of namespaces you will see all instances of reporting services + namespace called 'v9'

e. Select namespace v9 and click Delete

f. In Command line go to the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin

g. Run the command: MOFCOMP reportingservices.mof

After those actions you were able to install Dynamics AX reporting extensions

--author:Czesława Langowska--editor:Czesława Langowska--date:06-12-2010

Источник: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/emeadaxsuppo...nd-957312.aspx
Старый 23.06.2011, 14:27   #2  
Poleax
Модератор
MCP
MCBMSS
Злыдни

1,353 / 595 (22) +++++++
Записей в блоге: 34
Install Dynamics AX 2009 Reporting Extensions with SQL server 2008

Цитата:
Sometime back, I have experience on interesting issue while installing Reporting Extensions with SQL server 2008, When I run the Setup, I get the following message : "You must install SQL server 2005 Reporting Services Service Pack 2 before installing the report extensions". Here is the workaround
  1. Locate the Dynamics AX 2009 Reporting services dll from the extracted AX 2009 SP1 folder[\\AX2009SP1\support\axsetupresources\microsoft.dynamics.setup.reportingservices.dll;File Version - 5.0.1000.52]
  2. Extract the AX 2009 .iso to a folder
  3. Copy the microsoft.dynamics.setup.reportingservices.dll into the folder: \\DynamicsAX\Msi\Components32\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\50 and Setup\\DynamicsAX\Msi\Components64\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\50\Setup
  4. It will ask to replace the existing dll having File Version - 5.0.593.0. Say Yes and replace.
  5. Then Install AX Reporting Services extensions. It works fine and the Reporting Extensions are installed nice.
http://mafsarkhan.blogspot.com/2011/...reporting.html

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.