All
Забыли пароль?
Зарегистрироваться Правила Справка Пользователи Сообщения за день Поиск

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме Опции просмотра
Старый 23.06.2016, 14:12   #1  
Blog bot
Участник

25,475 / 846 (79) +++++++
palleagermark: One of those functions...
Источник: http://www.agermark.com/2016/06/one-...functions.html
==============

Now and then you come across AX functions you haven't heard about or that you have never really used. The lack of usage is often linked to the lack of documentation, but that's another story.

Today I came across the formattedStr2Num function. It is able to take a formatted string with some arithmetic and do a calculation of the expression. Something I have often seen developers write code to pass through the compiler and run the compiled code to do.

Here is a small example of how to use it:

static void formattedStr2NumDemo(Args _args)
{
str s = "(8 + 2) / 2 * 4";

info(strFmt("%1", formattedStr2num(s)));
}
The function actually also pass the expression through the compiler, but in a controlled way so can't just run any old arbitrary (dangerous) code through it.

If you combine this with a dynamic strFmt call, you have yourself a small expression calculation engine.

The timing for me to figure this out is awful, since the function is deprecated in AX 7. From AX 7 you could instead use something like ADO.NET's expressions parser in DataTable.Compute.

Thanks to Marco Scotoni, Johan van Veldhuizen and of course Peter Villadsen for being smarter than me and learning me this today through the Yammer group we share membership of. And I hope I wasn't the last AX developer on earth to learn about this function.

Источник: http://www.agermark.com/2016/06/one-...functions.html