We have had several tips about icons
in Dynamics 365. As Tanguy reminds us
, if you want your icon to show in the unified interface sitemap, you need to use Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) format.
Andrew Magnotta from Microsoft
shares a tip about how he quickly creates SVG images for Dynamics 365.
Method Draw – Browser based .svg editor
The support for Scalable Vector Graphic (SVG) web-resources have been introduced in D365v9 and it looks like they’re here to stay as the new default for adding custom images (logos/icons) to your D365 instance. However, support for creating custom .svg images can be tricky with the everyday image editors you maybe accustomed to (ex. Paint.NET). I did a quick search and found a nice + free browser based vector creating site called Method Draw (http://editor.method.ac/
). This site allows me to import a custom logo image from an standard format (jpg, png, etc.), quickly turn it into an SVG, and save it locally to import into D365:
2. Set Background
- Set Canvas size – Depending on the intended use of the image (up to 400x50px for Theme logos or the standard 16×16 / 32×32 for entity icons).
– Can be transparent or any HEX color
- Import Logo Icon (jpeg, png, etc…)
- Drag to Resize Image (auto adjusts size… which is nice!)
- Save file and import into D365 as .svg web resource
- Add to Theme and Publish
- Renders nicely in both Classic and UUI interfaces