Recently, one of my clients decided to use the Expense module in Dynamics 365 Project Service Automation (PSA) and, to his surprise, he found an amount value of zero in the Actuals. But, at the same time the cost line had values in it.
I went ahead and researched all the configurations, but couldn't seem to resolve the issue. Eventually, I discovered a configuration approach adding the transaction category in the Sales Price List and setting it as chargeable at cost. In this article, I'll show you how to solve this vexing configuration problem.
Fixing the configuration
Begin by navigating to the project contract.
Open the price list associated with the contract. It can be either the default pricelist or a custom price list for that particular contract. The screenshot shows a custom price list. You can identify custom price lists by the sales price listed in US dollars, the name of the opportunity and a timestamp appended to it.
Once you open the custom price List and navigate to category prices, click on "+ Add New Transaction Category."
You will see a Quick Create Form that opens up to add the Transaction Category. Fill in the details as shown in the below screenshot.